After losing more than 10 outboard motors to theft in less than 3 years, I began a search to find a better way to secure outboards to the boats. We had used, bar locks, cable locks, and chains with padlocks. In some cases we tried two or all three on the same motor! Nothing worked, short of removing the outboards after every practice and storing them in the boathouse. Unfortunately having club members or high school rowers lugging outboard motors back and forth to the river can cause damage to both motor and rower!
We have been using the Smartlock™ for many seasons now without incident while boats from other clubs parked next to ours, using the other locks, have had the motors stolen. They are now using Smartlock™. The Smartlock™ is an inexpensive tool when compared to the cost of a new outboard motor. The heavy stainless steel construction and the Stazo marine cylinder are the best I have found.
The new Smartlock Quicklink makes it possible not only to protect outboard motors from theft but also to secure the entire craft to the shore using the Quicklink Lasso Cable.
- Outboard motor lock for most outboard engines up to 35/40 HP (with clamp screws).
- Solid stainless steel construction.
- Includes a STAZO Plus marine cylinder, with 2 keys for complete security.
- 2 year warranty on cylinder mechanism.
- Easy installation, no tools required.
- Lasso Cables available separately.